About

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chicopee Chevron Bag



Chicopee by Denyse Schmidt I LOVE the colors.  I had the chance to meet her at Alewives Fabrics on August 18.  She signed books and answered all of our questions.  She is truly a talented and unique individual.  Denyse like a lot of us didn't always sew, but she always had some creative outlet in her life. She talked about her love for traditional quilts with a modern twist.  That is the basis of her new book Modern Quilts, Traditional Inspiration.  The book is full of beautiful quilts, some of which she had with her at Alewives.  I made a bag to showcase the new fabric.  Side A is the cool side.  Side B is the warm side.  Anyway, Chicopee is a great line if your thinking about adding to your stash (who isn't, right) the colors blend and stand out all at the same time.  Off topic, I had a chiropractic appointment today and my back feels wonderful.  Now I can get back to sewing.  

4 comments:

  1. Do you have a pattern for your bag? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a pattern yet i'm working on a tutorial for it thanks for the interest and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this bag. And the fabrics you chose for it. Hope you have a tutorial in the works!

    So pretty.

    ReplyDelete