About

Monday, August 27, 2012

   I started my hexagon mini quilt around the 1st of August.  I entered it in the festival of hexagons that a 2 (w) is having on her blog. Their are so many great hexagon projects. 

                                                                          
I used Moda pezzy prints by American Jane and Half Moon Modern Scissors.  I paper pieced them, sewed them together and hand stitched them to linen.  I ironed on 808 craft fuse by pellon to the back of the linen to stabilize it.  Linen has a lot of movement especially when hand stitching.  Then I hand stitched chevrons between each color with DMC.  To finish I bound it in black Half Moon Modern Scissors.

4 comments:

  1. that's lovely! So bright and happy :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely mini. Love the rainbow colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric and the hand stitching details. Judith, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!! I just stumbled upon your blog and must tell you I am absolutely completely in love with your hexagon mini quilt. Your colours are stunning!! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete